Saturday, April 16, 2011

#238: Strawberry-Apple Smoothie

 This is what she looks like when A. She cuts her own hair and B. Mommy decides it's a good time to start growing part of her bangs out!
There was a recipe for a strawberry-orange smoothie that I found in my Kraft Foods magazine.  I drink smoothies most days for breakfast lately so when I saw this one used pudding, I was intrigued.  When I went to make this for the girls for breakfast, I realized that Allison had finished the orange juice the night before.  But I did have some diluted apple juice left, so we just substituted that instead. 

Allison and Chloe both enjoyed this smoothie!  And by using half apple juice/half water and the sugar free pudding, this was actually quite healthy.  I didn't love this one because you can definitely taste the powdery pudding aftertaste but if my girls will drink this and get in another serving of fruit, I'll make it again for them. 


1 c orange juice (I used diluted apple juice)
5 oz frozen strawberries
1/2 pkg sugar free instant vanilla pudding

Blend in a blender until smooth.  Serve immediately.  Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment