Sunday, April 3, 2011

#226: Roasted Asparagus with Lemon


There were some great spring recipes in my All You Magazine this month.  I happened to pick up some asparagus at Aldi this week, so I figured it would be a perfect time to try it.  I love roasted asparagus but I normally just eat it with olive oil and salt.  I really liked this with lemon!  I think I had a little too much salt on mine but I would definitely make this again!
2 pounds fresh asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Break off tough ends of asparagus. Place asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.

In a small bowl, rub 1 tsp. salt with lemon zest until crumbly. Sprinkle over asparagus and toss to coat. Arrange asparagus in a single layer and roast until tender, 18 to 25 minutes, shaking baking sheet once or twice during cooking time.  Season asparagus with pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment