Sunday, April 3, 2011

#227: Peach Salsa

I found a recipe in my FamilyFun Magazine for Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa.  The fish tacos had no appeal to me, but the peach salsa sure did!  It's intended to be used as a topping on tacos and other mexican themed dishes, but I wanted a healthy addition to my lunches this week so I figured I could eat this more like a salad.  This is good!  It's sweet, it refreshing, it's salsa.  It would be great as a mexican topping and would be fabulous with chips.  It's not my favorite "salad" but it was still a good low point (ahem, ZERO!) side dish.


In a a small bowl combine:
1 (16-ounce) package frozen segmented peaches, chopped and thawed
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
1 teaspoon lime zest (I omitted)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper (I omitted)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
¼ teaspoon salt

No comments:

Post a Comment