Sunday, April 3, 2011

#228: Marinade for Chicken


It's spring, you know what that means....grilling season!!  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and made it on my freezer cooking day.  Super easy to put together and freeze until ready to use.  Brian took one bite and proclaimed "This is good!", Chloe spit it out, but Allison and I enjoyed it.  (I think Chloe is going to be a picky chicken eater like her mommy!)

This recipe looks very unhealthy by the amount of vegetable oil in this dish, however almost all of it gets tossed since it's used for the marinade. 

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (I used 1 c)
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry mustard (I used yellow mustard)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced fresh parsley (I used 1 tbsp dried)

Directions
1.In a medium bowl, mix together oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir in mustard powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Use to marinate chicken before cooking as desired. The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment