Sunday, April 10, 2011

#230: Grape Salad


Thanks to the power of Facebook, this recipe was passed down to me from a family friend.  I off-handedly commented that I didn't know what to bring to our recent family gathering and this recipe was given to me courtesty of "Mrs. Walsh!"  I was a little apprehensive about making this one because of Brian's grape-phobia but I figured he wouldn't eat anything I brought anyways so why should I cook (or not cook) for him.  Mrs. Walsh's recipe won out...sorry honey! 

This was really yummy...but there's a lot of sugar in it, so how could it not be yummy??  Next time I make this (and there will be a next time) I am going to try and cut down on the sugar a bit as I doubt it would make any difference.  Loved this one!


2 lbs green seedless grapes (I omitted...I am NOT a fan of green grapes)

2 lbs red seedless grapes (I used 4 lbs)
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste

Topping Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar, packed, to taste
1 cup crushed pecans, to taste (I used walnuts)

Wash and stem grapes.  Set aside.  Mix sour cream, cream cheese, white sugar and vanilla by hand until blended.  Stir grapes into mixture, and pour in large serving bowl. 

For topping: Combine brown sugar, and crushed pecans.  Sprinkle over top of grapes to cover completely. Chill overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment