Sunday, April 10, 2011

#233: Raspberry-Applesauce JELL-O Bars


I found this recipe in a recent Kraft Foods magazine.   I figured it would be an easy side dish to bring to the in-laws house this weekend.  The girls and I really enjoyed this.  It has the taste of jello, but the texture more like applesauce.  The jello helps it hold its shape too.  I used half regular jello and half sugar free...next time I'm going to try just using sugar free jello.  I doubt it would make much of a difference in taste!

Update: I have made this multiple times with sugar free jello and you cannot tell a difference. I've also use different flavors of sugar free jello (lemon, orange, peach, cherry) and all are very good!  (Lemon is probably my least favorite, but we loved peach!!)

1-1/2 cups boiling water
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
2 cups unsweetened applesauce, chilled

Add boiling water to gelatin mixes in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in applesauce.   Pour into 8-inch square dish sprayed with cooking spray.   Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment