Wednesday, July 23, 2014

#1,298: Beast (Paleo) Meatloaf (Weird name...not sure why)

Sorry for the odd photo...I wasn't home yet when the family dug into this!

I have a pound of ground turkey sitting in my freezer and I'm itching to make some more turkey burgers...but I figured my family might enjoy something different for a change.  We haven't had meatloaf in quite a while, and since this one is on my current eating plan, I figured it would be a great one to serve for the family (w/a side of mashed cauliflower!).  The girls and I really enjoyed this meatloaf and asked for leftovers the next day.  Brian however was not a fan and claimed all he could taste was salsa.  I personally would definitely make this again.  He however requests we don't.  :) I say try this one! 


2 lbs of lean ground turkey
1 cup all natural mild salsa
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (I used Ezekiel bread)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper (to taste)
Fresh chopped parsley


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper in large bowl.  Press mixture into 9x15 inch loaf pan. 

Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until center is no longer pink and meat is cooked through.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.  Cut into 8 slices and serve garnished with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment