Thursday, July 17, 2014

#1,293: Lemon Garlic Asparagus

I love roasted asparagus, but have had trouble with it being too tough and woody some times.  Then my friend Lora suggested I use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin at the bottom....this has totally changed the way I eat asparagus now!  It's the only way I will eat it.  At least not the asparagus I get from the grocery store.  Maybe if you freshly pick it it will taste 1000 times better, but the stuff I typically buy needs to have the stems peeled/removed.  

I think I've made this recipe 3 times already.  I love the lemon and garlic added to it.  

1 bunch of Asparagus (about 1 lb)
1/2 Lemon
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Dehydrated Onion

Preheat oven to 410 degrees. Lay asparagus on cooking sheet covered with aluminum foil (this makes cleanup easy).  Drizzle asparagus with olive oil (about 1-2 Tbsp) and squeeze lemon.  Shake around until asparagus is completely coated.  Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, dehydrated onion, and garlic.  Bake for about 8 minutes. (I bake mine for more like 20 minutes...I like mine pretty well done).

No comments:

Post a Comment