Wednesday, July 16, 2014

#1,291: Crockpot Mashed Cauliflower

Pureed (or mashed) cauliflower is one that I enjoy when I add enough ghee and flavorings to it.  Many times I will eat it as my meal instead of just a side dish.  So I was excited when I saw you could make it in the crockpot.  First of all, I didn't cook this long enough because it was still slightly chunky, but I'll just cook it longer next time (I was hungry and wanted to eat!).  It definitely was an easy recipe though.

2 medium heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
2-4 cloves garlic (depending on how much garlic flavor you'd like)
8-10 cups water
2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp ghee or butter
Fresh herbs, to taste (I used Dill)

Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves in the bowl of a slow cooker.  Add enough water to almost cover the cauliflower.  Cook on LOW for 6 hours or until the cauliflower is tender.
Drain the water in a strainer and place the cauliflower back into the slow cooker and blend using an immersion blender until the desired consistency is reached (or place the cauliflower in the bowl of blender or food processor and process until the desired consistency is reached).  Add the salt and ghee and mix to combine.

Serve immediately (add fresh herbs, to taste) or divide into portions for freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment