Wednesday, July 2, 2014

#1,274: Zucchini Noodles with Basil Pesto


I have been putting off making this recipe out of fear.  As I've mentioned before I have a love hate with spaghetti squash.  Some people think it's just like spaghetti noodles...I do not.  So when I saw that I could use zucchini as a noodle, I was leery.  But I finally gave in and gave it a try.  I'm glad I did...I loved it.  I've eaten a form of zucchini noodles twice now.  


This recipe was supposed to be served with chicken as well, but I wanted to eat this more like a pasta with just a pesto.  This is a recipe worth trying.

Disclaimer...I do not (yet) own a veggie noodle maker so I just thew this in my food processor.  :) 


I also did not make 5 cups worth of zucchini noodles...so adapt the amounts as needed.

5 c zucchini noodles
pinch of salt
1 tbsp olive oil

For Pesto:
1 large bunch of fresh basil leaves
1/2 clove garlic
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 c hemp seeds

Place zucchini noodles in a large strainer in the sink and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.  Set aside.

To make pesto: place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.  Add zucchini noodles and sautee for 2-3 minutes.  Turn off heat, add pesto and stir to combine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment