Wednesday, July 2, 2014

#1,273: Grilled Eggplant Bruschetta

Mmmmmm....doesn't that photo look delicious?!  I hope you think so because it was so fresh and so good!  I was supposed to cut the eggplant a little thicker and serve it individually as bruchetta.  But I like my eggplant grilled really thinly, so I ate this more like a salad.  I loved it so much I may have eaten the entire eggplant.  Yum, yum, yum. 

Topping:
2 c diced fresh tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped basil
2-4 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil in a large bowl.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Let topping sit for flavors to meld.

Eggplant:
1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive olil
pepper to taste

Lay slices in a single layer and sprinkle with salt.  Let sit for 30 min.  Preheat grill to medium.  Grill eggplant until tender and lightly charred, about 5-7 min per side. Remove and brush with oil, then sprinkle with pepper.  Top each eggplant slice with tomato mixture topping. 



No comments:

Post a Comment