Sunday, July 6, 2014

#1,282: Chicken Burgers with Cheddar and Spinach

My mom and I are actually fighting (not really) over who found this recipe on Pinterest and decided we should make it for the 4th of July.  I swear I found it first and she repinned it from me.  Sorry for the bad photo, but all the burgers were being eaten when I realized I never got a picture.  So I stopped my sister mid way through eating to snap a photo.  I ended up eating this without the cheese or panko and liked it.  My family decided it wasn't a good "burger" recipe though and would not make it again.  I however, WOULD!  I loved it on top of a salad all cut up.  The first bite really tasted more like chicken (which I don't like as a burger flavor) but then I got used to it and really enjoyed it.  To each his own....


4 oz. wilted spinach
1/2 small onion
1 clove of garlic
2 green onions, roughly chopped
1 lb ground chicken
2 T. balsamic vinegar
2 t. soy sauce
1 t. lemon juice
1/2 t. chili powder
1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. of Panko


In a food processor combine the spinach, onion, garlic and green onion.  Stir this mixture into 1 lb. ground chicken and add the remaining ingredients (balsamic, soy sauce, lemon juice, chili powder, shredded cheese, and panko).  Gently mix all together and form into patties.  Grill over medium heat until done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment