Sunday, July 6, 2014

#1,280: Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrots


Ugh....I can't believe that I forgot to take a picture of this! 

In fact, I'm pretty sure I might have told one of my siblings to take the picture......do they not listen?! 

Anyhow, I think I liked this salad more than most of my other family members when I served this over the 4th of July.  It definitely could use some protein added on top for added flavor.  It was good, but not spectacular.  I would make it again though, and probably will make it tomorrow (minus the seeds) since I have everything on hand!



1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
Coarse salt and pepper
3 cups mixed shredded kale and red cabbage
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons diced red onion
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (I used sliced almonds)
2 tablespoons hemp seeds

In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, and apple-cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.

In another bowl, combine kale, cabbage, carrot, parsley, and red onion with sunflower, pumpkin, and hemp seeds.


Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment