Wednesday, July 23, 2014

#1,300:Raw Corn and Zucchini Salad

A co-worker of mine asked if we wanted some freshly picked sweet corn.  Of course I could not turn that down as my kids love corn on the cob.  We have been thoroughly enjoying having it with dinner the last couple of nights.  I wanted to use the corn in a new recipe though too, so I went to my pinterest boards to see what was waiting to be made.  I realized that I pretty much had all of the ingredients for this recipe, and I didn't have to cook the corn (bonus!).

First, I need to make a disclaimer, that my cilantro was bad so I had to omit it.  I love cilantro so I think it would have made this salad better, and next time I will be adding it in.  Secondly, you have to enjoy raw zucchini if you are going to like this recipe.  I DO like zucchini, but I prefer mine slightly cooked, so next time I'm going to sautee it in a pan for a few minutes first.  

Other than that, this salad was really good.  It's should be called "From Your Garden" salad because it was so fresh and everything COULD have been found in your garden...or at least in ours.  :) 

Serves 4
3 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

With a sharp knife, cut off kernels of corn.  Discard cobs.  Transfer kernels to a medium bowl.  Add zucchini, lime juice, olive oil and cilantro.  Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment