Wednesday, July 16, 2014

#1,285: Sausage, Egg and Biscuit Bake ...with bacon



I made this recipe to serve for breakfast at my sister's bachelorette party weekend.  I loved this recipe because it required minimal ingredients and I was able to make the meat ahead of time and spend less time in the kitchen.  This was not only easy, it was really, really good.  In all honesty, I only tried one bite because I'm not eating foods like this right now, but it was a recipe I wish I could have enjoyed more!  The recipe says to make in an 8x8 pan, but I used 4 cans of biscuits and made this in a 9x13 foil pan.  I will definitely be making this for breakfast (especially if for guests) again. This link will take you to the photo of the original recipe.  The recipe posted below includes the larger portion size as well as the changes I made.


Not pretty, but you get a better idea of
what it looks like from the inside 


4 cans of buttermilk biscuits, cut into quarters

1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
9-12 eggs
1 1/4 c milk
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.  Layer the quartered biscuits so they completely cover the bottom of the pan (I really squeezed them in).  Top with cooked pork sausage and bacon.

In a bowl combine the eggs and milk and whip to combine.  Add salt and pepper.  Pour egg/milk mixture over the biscuits and cooked meat.

Bake uncovered in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and top with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.  Return to the oven, uncovered, and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment