Wednesday, July 2, 2014

#1,275: Crockpot Taco Meat

Although taco meat is definitely an easy meat/meal to create, I have to admit I was super intrigued when I saw a recipe for making it in the crockpot.  Although it was easy, and fairly good, and my family enjoyed it, I definitely enjoy taco meat sauteed in a pan instead.  HOWEVER, this would be a great recipe to make if you are making a large batch or you really don't have time and just want to throw it all together and sit.  I felt like the meat got a little soft so keep that in mind if you make this recipe.

Would I make this again?  Yes.  Do I think it's the best taco meat ever?  No.

1 lb ground beef
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

In a small bowl combine all of the spices.  In a separate bowl add the ground beef, tomato paste and spices.  Use a spoon to mix together and break up the meat.  Place in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.  (After about 2 1/2 hours I stirred/broke up the meat as much as possible).



No comments:

Post a Comment