Monday, May 30, 2011

#281: Elegant Fruit Bliss


I'm always on the lookout for fruit dishes that my family and I will eat.  I came across this recipe and decided to give it a try with a few changes.  Overall, we really enjoyed this.  I cut back on the honey but it was still plenty sweet to me!  I didn't think this was anything super special, but if you are looking for a slightly different twist on fruit salad, this is a nice one to try. 


1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed

2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned (I omitted)
2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced (I omitted)
1 cup green grapes (I omitted)
1 cup red grapes
3/4 cup peach or apricot nectar (I used apple juice instead)
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the peach nectar, honey, lemon juice and vinegar; drizzle over fruit and toss to coat. Chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment