Sunday, May 29, 2011

#276: Crockpot Ravioli Casserole


The name of this recipe is very misleading.  There are no ravioli in this recipe at all.  :)  Brian says it should be called spaghetti with meat sauce.  Basically, that's exactly what this is. 
I liked this, but would probably only give this 3 1/2 stars.  Brian however had seconds and is saving the leftovers for lunches (great sign!).  I really give this lower stars because I can make spaghetti w/meatsauce in a pan and not take as long to cook.   It is good though. 

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef (I used 1 lb ground turkey)


1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes (I substituted 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce)
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
salt/pepper
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed (I omitted)
16 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked  (I used penne since we had that on hand)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded

Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Put in crock-pot and add sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook for 6-7 hours on low. (In my opinion this is too long!  I added my meat cooked and frozen and after 5 hours it was starting to stick and burn a little on the edges).  Add the last 4 ingredients during the last 30 minutes of cooking and turn crock-pot to high. (I also didn't have to cook this any longer.  I just mixed the cooked pasta and cheese into the meat mixture and combined).

No comments:

Post a Comment