Sunday, May 1, 2011

#252: Carrot-Cake Parfait

The picture of this "parfait" does not do it justice.  I tried getting a side view photo but they all came out blurry.  Regardless, this is YUMMY!  Oh my goodness, did I enjoy this for breakfast!  Who knew carrots and raisins in your yogurt would taste so good.  I found this recipe in my recent Parents Magazine...so glad I ripped this one out!  I asked Allison if she wanted to try it and below is our conversation (yes I lied to her more than once...don't judge me!)

Allison:"What's that orange stuff?  Is that carrots?" 

Tracy: "I don't think so." 
Allison: "Is it oranges?"
Tracy: "It might be."
Allison: "Okay, I'll try it then."

And guess what?  She LOVED it.  She loved it so much, she told Chloe about it and then asked if she could have some with her lunch.  Of course she could!  :)

6 oz non-fat vanilla yogurt
2 tbps shredded carrots (I grated mine)
1/8 c raisins
1 tbsp chopped walnuts (I used about 7 walnut halves)
1/2 tsp honey
Cinnamon to taste


WW+ pts: 5 (if you use 1/16 c raisins this would be 4 pts)

No comments:

Post a Comment