Sunday, May 29, 2011

#277: Grilled Chicken and Peaches

Not a very pretty picture...sorry!
The original recipe that I found was for Chicken, Peach & Bell Pepper Skewers, but I needed to get dinner on the table fast, so we just grilled the chicken and peaches in large pieces and didn't bother with the skewers (I was also out of peppers).  The girls and I were the only ones to try the grilled peaches and got a big thumbs up from Allison and I.  We all enjoyed this recipe, but next time I would let the chicken marinate longer.  I didn't read the recipe ahead of time so I didn't realize it was supposed to marinate up to 2 hours...ours marinated about 5 minutes.  :)  It was still really good though.  I'd definitely make this again.

2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard


2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Lbs Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 Peaches (firm, but ripe), cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Bell Peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces

Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.  Add the chicken, peaches and bell pepper pieces to the marinade and toss to coat.  Marinate covered in the refrigerator up to 2 hours.  Grill skewers on medium-high heat for 6 minutes, turning halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment