Friday, May 13, 2011

#266: Crunchy Broccoli SLAW


I'm sure you notice that part of the title of this recipe (slaw) is capitalized.  That's because the previous post is very similar but is really a different recipe (one is a salad one is a slaw).  I found this recipe in my Real Simple Magazine paired with oven-fried chicken.  That recipe will probably be coming in the future as well.  I actually liked this more than the previous broccoli salad, and I wasn't sure I was going to like this with the milk (milk and broccoli don't seem to go together), but this was really good!!


1/4 c light mayo
1 tbsp cidar vinegar
1/4 c buttermilk (I used skim)
3/4 lb broccoli, chopped (or 12 oz broccoli slaw)
1 large carrot, coarsely grated
1/2 small shallot (I used red onion)


In a large bowl whisk the mayo and vinegar, salt and pepper.  Add the broccoli, carrot, and shallot and toss to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment