Saturday, May 7, 2011

#261: Apple Green Bean Saute


I love finding new veggie side dishes to prepare with our meals.  I like the idea of this one because you didn't have to precook the green beans like most recipes call for.  Next time I'll start sauteing the green beans first before adding in the apples though.  The apples got super soft, and although I enjoyed it, I think it would have been good if they had a slight crunch to them as well.

1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1 large apple, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup honey (this is a lot...I added about about 2 tbsp at most!)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted


Directions
In a large skillet, saute beans and apple in oil for 3 minutes. (I cooked the apples for more like 6 or 7 minutes then added the rest of ingredients at the end).  Add walnuts; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in honey and sesame seeds; heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment