Monday, May 2, 2011

#258: Spinach Blueberry Smoothie


I am a spinach snob.  If the leaves aren't perfect (and relatively small), I won't eat it.  I waste a lot of fresh spinach.  So today I figured I'd save some of those unappealing leaves and throw them into my next smoothie.  I googled spinach smoothies and found this one (which I altered a little only because I didn't measure anything out!).  I liked this...in fact, Allison liked it too!!  I'm also having it again for breakfast tomorrow, so that's always a good sign!  And nothing beats getting several servings of fruits and vegetables in at breakfast!


1 banana
a big handful of spinach leaves
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 c non-fat vanilla yogurt
splash of skim milk

Combine all ingredients, and blend until smooth.  Serve with a straw so you don't walk around all day with little bits of spinach and blueberries in your teeth.  Even if you do drink it with a straw, I'd still suggest carrying a compact mirror with you just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment