Friday, May 13, 2011

#265: Crunchy Broccoli SALAD


I know I ripped this recipe out of one of my magazines, but I have no idea which one!!  Chloe is my broccoli lover, so when she saw me eating this she asked for "bokli," but was very disappointed when she realized it was not the "bokli" she liked.  :)  I guess she's not a fan of uncooked broccoli.  I however, really enjoyed this and I am also not a huge fan of this raw vegetable.  I sure liked this though!

1/3 c light mayo
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp sugar (I used splenda)
6 c broccoli florets, washed

1 red pepper, sliced
1/4 c sliced almonds, toasted (I used walnuts)


In a large bowl combine broccoli and red pepper.  In a small bowl combine mayo, red wine vinegar and sugar.  Pour over vegetables and toss to combine/coat.  Refrigerate.  Garnish with toasted almonds just before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment