Sunday, May 1, 2011

#251: Chicken Marinade

No this isn't burnt...this is how I eat my chicken!  (And it was super juicy!)

We LOVED this one!  Brian took one bite and proclaimed, "This is good!"  Yeah!!  Love meals that start out like that.  I found this recipe on all recipes, and it did not disappoint!!  I love finding chicken recipes that I can put together on my freezer cooking day and just let it marinate as it freezes and defrosts.  There is a ton of vegetable oil in this recipe (most of which gets discarded), so I think I'll try to cut down on that next time.  Other than that I wouldn't make any changes...except to add in the ginger (which I now have on hand in the freezer!)

1/4 cup soy sauce


3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger (I omitted b/c I didn't have any)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, ground ginger, vegetable oil, green onions and black pepper. Place desired meat in marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment