Sunday, May 1, 2011

#256: Beefy Cheesy Enchiladas


I found this recipe on a blog, and the original recipe didn't have any meat in it.  I knew I was pushing my luck with my family if I tried serving them cheese enchiladas (Brian claims to only like mozzarella....although he knowingly or unknowingly eats other types of cheese!).  So I added some ground turkey and introduced them as "enchiladas".  I LOVED this.  I would definitely make these again...however, I was the minority in this vote and the only one who enjoyed it.  :(

6 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened

1 c reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 lb ground turkey, cooked
1/3 c picante sauce or salsa

1/4 cup sliced green onions (I omitted)
6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup thick n' chunky salsa

Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1/2 c cheddar cheese, cooked ground beef, 1/3 c picante sauce, and green onions.  Stir until well combined. 

Spread 1/6 of cream cheese mixture down center of tortilla, roll and place seam side down in 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated w/cooking spray.  Pour salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese if desired. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment