Monday, May 2, 2011

#259: Meatball Sliders

I was hungry and I really wanted to eat this...otherwise I would have let the cheese melt more before taking this photo. 

I have never wanted to eat a meal as much as I wanted to eat this one!!  I made this on Sunday so it would be ready for us to eat later in the week (I was going to freeze the meatballs), but I was so excited for this one that we rearranged our menu so we could eat it right away!  If you are not familiar with Ree from the Pioneer Woman you have to check out her recipes/website.  I have not been disappointed by any of her recipes yet! 

I baked my meatballs so it would be healthier and they still turned out supper yummy!  This was delicious.  The only thing I would do differently next time is to jazz up the meatballs a little more with some more seasoning...I'll have to work on that! 

Chloe didn't eat much at all tonight (she's so finicky with her meals.  One day she eats a ton, the next day hardly at all), but Brian, Allison and I sure enjoyed this one.  I was hoping there would be enough left over for dinner tomorrow too, but I guess Brian's going to get lucky and have leftovers for lunch.  This is definitely going into our dinner rotation again.  In fact, it just might be what I make/serve for one of Chloe's birthday parties, and it might be what I have Brian make for me on Mother's Day.  (Okay really, I'd probably rather have Chinese food or tacos from Fiesta...no, really tacos from La Magdelena but since that's near Chicago, that's not going to happen...but this is much healthier anyways!)


1 pound Ground Chuck Or Ground Beef (I used ground turkey)
½ cups Panko Or Other Bread Crumbs
1 clove Garlic, Minced
½ teaspoons Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
½ cups Milk (I used skim)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (I omitted b/c I baked the meatballs)
½ whole Medium Onion, Diced (I omitted)
1 jar (large) Marinara Sauce
12 whole Dinner Rolls (or Slider Rolls)
4 slices Provolone Cheese, Cut Into Four Wedges Each (I used shredded mozzarella)

The meatballs (made w/ground turkey) are 1 ww+ pt for 2 meatballs.  (Roll and cheese not included in points--that depends on your bread type and how much cheese you use)

No comments:

Post a Comment