Sunday, March 6, 2011

#196: Snap Pea Salad


My favorite way to eat vegetables right now is to roast them with a little olive oil.  But sometimes I just want a new way of eating them.  I LOVE snap peas (especially roasted!), so when I came across this recipe in my family circle magazine, I ripped it out and saved it...for today! 

Warning: Do not eat this while watching tv and sitting on your couch!  The juice from the snap peas squirt all over!!  :)  This was yummy.  The combo of mustard and vinegar is quite refreshing. 


1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (I was out of balsamic so I used rice wine vinegar)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (I used dried)
1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, strings removed
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
8 ounces bocconcini (small mozzarella nuggets), drained (I used a little shredded mozzarella)
1 cup slivered baby carrots
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (I omitted)
1/3 cup cup slivered red onion (I sauteed mine first)


Directions
1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. Stir in oregano. Cover and set aside.

2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high
heat. Add snap peas and simmer 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.

3. Place snap peas in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, bocconcini,
carrots, olives and red onion. Toss with 1/3 cup of the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment