Monday, March 21, 2011

#213: Kale-Apple Smoothie


I love smoothies...I don't love this one as much as some of the others I've tried.  If you don't mind a texture-y chunk to your smoothie, then you might like this one.  Just don't look at it as you drink it and you'd never know it was green.  The juice itself is actually pretty good, but I had to strain the kale residue out and that just took too much time and effort. 

Unfortunately after I took the picture I knocked this into the sink, so I only got about 3 sips before it was spilled.  What a waste of time!!


3/4 c chopped kale (ribs and thick stems removed)
1 small stalk celery, chopped (I omitted)
1/2 banana
1/2 c fresh apple juice
1/2 c ice

1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment