Monday, March 21, 2011

#211: Spiced Pumpkin Smoothie

I have to apologize for my beverage photos!  We only use plastic tumblers, (all glass are currently packed away), kids sippy cups, coffee cups, margarita classes, or red Solo cups...none of which are see thru (except the margarita glass, but that's just tacky!).  So whenever I want to take a picture of a drink, I have to use my magic bullet cup (9 times out of 10 I probably needed it to make the drink anyways!). 

I was starting to tire of my pineapple banana smoothie, so I decided to try making this recipe, which I also found in my Real Simple Magazine (Feb 2011).  If you like pumpkin, you're going to love this one!!  This is going to be made probably most days this week for breakfast.  I can't wait for the girls to try it!!

Update: Neither of the girls were big fans of this.  Allison took a sip and then said, "Is there squash in this?" 

1 c ice
1/2 c whole milk (I used skim)
1/3 c pure pumpkin puree
1 tbsp honey

pinch of ground nutmeg.

Combine all in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.  DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment