Saturday, March 12, 2011

#205: Oven Baked Fries


This house loves french fries!  We especially love baked french fries because they are easy, healthier then frozen ones, and inexpensive!  So when I came across this recipe, I book marked it.  I made it tonight to go with our Cornflake Chicken (Allison's requested meal this month...she must have really enjoyed it since it was 164 recipes ago!)

Anyhow, this took quite a while in the oven, but it was well worth the wait.  It definitely could have used more parsley and cheese than I used, but it was still good!

4 large russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed


1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil (I used about 1/8 c)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 c. grated fresh Parmesan cheese (I used about 1/8 c)
Finely chopped fresh parsley (I used a few sprinkles of dried parsley...I knew if there was too much my family would protest the "green" stuff)


Preheat oven to 400. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch slices lengthwise, then cut again into 1/2 inch thick fries.

Place in a pot and cover with water. Add 1 T. salt, bring to a boil and simmer until a paring knife goes in easily--cooked about 3/4 of the way. Drain potatoes and place in a bowl.  (Too many steps...I omitted this entire process!)
Add olive oil, 1 T. salt and 1/2 t. freshly ground pepper and the parsley.  Toss well, being careful not to break the fries.  Place in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet.  Bake until light brown.  (Mine cooked for a good 45 minutes or so).  Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until browned and crispy and cheese is melted about another 6-7 minutes. Cool for about 2 min. before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment