Tuesday, March 22, 2011

#215: Macaroni and Cheese Muffins

I really, really wanted to like this recipe.  But I should have known that adding egg into the mixture would impact this recipe negatively for me.  I made these for the girls to take to school and according to Darla, this got mixed reviews from the kids (some loved it and others did not!). 

4 large eggs

1 cup Orange Puree (see Make-Ahead Recipe #2)
2 cups low-fat shredded cheese (I used about 1 1/2 c)
2 cups cooked macaroni (I used 3 c)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners. Lightly spray liners with oil.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and Orange Puree. Mix in the macaroni and 1 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture evenly among the 8 muffin cups. (I got 16 of these) Top each with about one tablespoon of cheese and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment