Sunday, March 6, 2011

#195: Carrot-Pineapple Smoothie


If you don't subscribe to Real Simple Magazine, you really should consider it!  It is one of my favorite magazines to read.  This month, there were 10 new smoothie recipes (many of which I would love to try!) and since fruits and vegetables are 0 pts. on weight watchers, this is a recipe I hope to eat on a more regular basis. 

I was a little afraid of drinking carrots.  But I have to admit, I really liked this smoothie!!  I'm going to have to run to Sam's Club this week to stock up on pineapple and bananas!!

3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1/2 cup ice (I omitted since my pineapple was frozen)
1/3 cup fresh orange juice (I actually squeezed my own!)
1/4 cup chopped carrot (I microwaved in a little water first so it would soften them up)
1/2 banana

Directions
1.Place the pineapple, ice, orange juice, carrot, and banana in a blender.
2.  Blend until smooth and frothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment