Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#200: Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip


I can't believe I actually am going to post my 200th recipe!  (I make it sound like I came up with all of these don't I!?)  I made this dip for a girls night in last night and the company was fabulous and the dip was really yummy too!!  I'm happy that I was able to share this milestone recipe with such wonderful ladies! 

This was such an easy dip to make.  You just stick everything in a microwave safe bowl and melt it together.  I put it in a mini-crockpot to stay warm throughout the evening.  This is going into my "make again" pile!

10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
16 oz Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
10 oz Rotel, undrained (I used diced tomatoes w/green chilis--not rotel, so it waasn't as hot.  I also added a little picante sauce to give it more tomato flavor)
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used real bacon bits)


Microwave ingredients in microwaveable bowl on high for 5 min. or until velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 min.   When serving this dip, pour the prepared dip into a small slow cooker set on low. This will keep the dip warm and at the ideal consistency for several hours. For best results, stir the dip occasionally to prevent hot spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment