Tuesday, March 1, 2011

#187: Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

This isn't very pretty, but it is quite yummy!  I will definitely make this again, but next time I'll make just a few changes/additions.
I ended up shredding my chicken because it was so moist and just falling apart as I tried to get it out of the crockpot.  I added the shredded chicken right on top of the brown rice.  Next time I will add some water chestnuts, a few sliced green onions, and crispy chinese noodles.  The original recipe was good, but it needed a little texture in my opinion.  The above additions should solve that problem!!  This chicken would also be great in a salad. 

**Update 5/27: I made this again for dinner last night but to my bowl of chicken and rice I added sliced water chestnuts, sliced green onion and crispy Chinese noodles....OH MY GOODNESS I LOVED this!  I even ate it again for lunch reheated today and I do NOT eat reheated chicken.  I am already looking forward to lunch again tomorrow.  For my lunch, I also added sauteed orange peppers...even better.  MAKE THIS!**

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 1.25 lbs of chicken tenders)
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp. ginger (I omitted only b/c I didn't have any on hand)

Combine in saucepan and stir over medium heat until thickened. Put over chicken tenders or chicken breasts in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.


I wanted to freeze this recipe so I made the sauce and let cool.  Then I combined it with the chicken and froze.  When I was ready to use it, I stuck it in the fridge to defrost overnight and then stuck it in my crockpot still mainly frozen in the morning and let it cook on low all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment