Thursday, March 17, 2011

#210: Pineapple Cobbler



Just before Angela and I were about to finish this off, I realized I never took a picture of it.  So I basically took a picture of the last piece...sorry it wasn't any better!

 
Since the bacon cheddar dip I made for my GNI was so easy, I decided I could/should make something else to go with it.  I had another recipe saved that required minimal ingredients, so I figured I'd give it a try.  This recipe was so easy to prepare and went over pretty well.  My sister-in-law Angela and I finished this one off with two forks at the end of the night....picking out and around the pineapple though.  :)   The cake/batter part of this is delicious; but what could be wrong with 1 c sugar and 1 stick of butter?  The fruit just hindered your ability to enjoy the cake.  Allison and Chloe even enjoyed this as they hung out with us for a little while.  Next time I will probably try this with half of the amount of pineapple and try pineapple tidbits instead.  Also, you MUST serve this with ice cream.  It would have been 100 times better that way. 
 1 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter, melted
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract; stir until mixture forms a smooth batter. Gently stir in butter.  Spread batter evenly in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (it will be a very thin layer) and scatter pineapple chunks evenly over batter.

Bake until pineapple has fallen to bottom of pan and top is puffed and golden brown and springs back slightly when touched in middle, 25 minutes.  (Mine never sprung back.  Everytime I touched it, it fell into itself a little bit.  I probably cooked mine for more like 35 minutes, and took it out as I thought it was getting too brown on top).   Cool cobbler slightly and then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. (Yes, you do desire!)

No comments:

Post a Comment