Friday, March 11, 2011

#201: Chicken Fajitas


This recipe was too simple to taste as good as it did.  This required MINIMAL ingredients and was well received by all four of us!!  Allison probably ate almost as much as her daddy did!  (Not really, but she did eat a lot!)  I didn't think I would enjoy this chicken (I'm a super picky chicken eater), so I made myself a veggie burger to eat in my fajita shell instead, but next time I will definitely skip the burger and go with the chicken.  (Which is also why you get a picture w/meat and shell...that's all Brian eats!  I personally would have beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and cilantro in my fajita!).  Anyhow, this would be a great way to use up left over pieces of chicken.  You know the little pieces you have to cut off as you cut around the fatty line in the chicken breasts?  Oh, no one else cuts that off??  Am I the only one who is very precise about my chicken? 

This is definitely, definitely going to return to our dinner menu very soon!

green bell pepper, sliced thin
yellow onion, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 chicken breasts, diced
1 packet Grillmates mesquite seasoning (I got a jar of it and just gave a few shakes)
small flour or corn tortillas
lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese, salsa, cilantro, etc.


Saute as much green pepper and onion as you like in a little oil. Add garlic cloves. Set aside.

Cook diced chicken in a sautee pan and when it's almost done, add the Grillmates Seasoning. Cook until chicken is done and then add the onion/pepper mixture. Serve on tortillas with the toppings you likedesire.

No comments:

Post a Comment