Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#208: Apple-Pear Sauce


I had a bunch of apples and pears that were starting to go bad, so I decided to make some applesauce with them.  I used my vidalia chopper to cut the fruit into small pieces, threw it all in my crockpot with a few other ingredients and viola!  Quick, inexpensive and not going to last very long!  : )

Apples and Pears, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces or chunks (I used about 4 apples and 5 pears)3 Cinnamon sticks (I used 4...wait, how am I making changes to my own recipe!?)1/3 c water

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.  Stir to combine.  Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours.  If you want smooth sauce you either need to mash with a potato masher, pulse in a food processor or blender or use an immersion blender (I used the immersion blender).  I personally like my applesauce a little chunky so I didn't puree it all the way.  Let cool and serve.  Or if you're like me, I had to try this right away and totally burnt my tongue doing that.  So I suggest letting it cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment