Tuesday, December 28, 2010

#133: Sausage Pinwheels


Sorry, the only picture I took was the one on my plate before I ate it.  : )

My recipe definitely looks better than the one in the original picture.  This was EASY and I think it was enjoyed by all who ate it.  I know my nephew Logan liked it!!  I liked this recipe because I could make it earlier in the day, stuck it in the fridge after they cooled on a cooling rack, and then just let warm up to room temperature to serve.  Yep, I'd make this again.

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 pound uncooked bulk pork sausage
2 tablespoons minced chives
I added about 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
Unroll crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface; press seams and perforations together.  Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.  Spread sausage to within 1/2 in. of edges (I mainly sprinkled, and spread around).  Sprinkle with chives and shredded cheddar.  Carefully roll up from a long side; cut into 12 slices (I cut mine into 16).  Place 1 in. apart in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment