Sunday, December 12, 2010

#110: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


Can you tell we eat a lot of bananas in this house?  I always have some left over that are about to go brown and stick in the freezer until I'm ready to use them.  I'm sure the daycare kids are getting tired of having different forms of banana bread.  While shopping at Jewel yesterday I found some muffin top liners ao I decided to make those for the kids as something just a little different.  I think they turned out super cute, so I hope the kids like them! These were SO moist!  I'd like to think that it's because of the changes I made, but probably not!  I will definitely make these again!

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large) (I used 2 bananas and about 1/2 c applesauce)
3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted for the kids)
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen. (I got about 21 muffin tops, but my first batch (which was most of them) ended up being a bit over-filled). 

No comments:

Post a Comment