Sunday, December 5, 2010

#100: Unstuffed Pepper Soup


I had some extra ground turkey left over from my freezer cooking so I decided to make this soup to freeze and have on hand for lunches.  (I will be eating this for lunch today though since it's quite yummy!)  I got this recipe out of my Taste of Home Ultimate Ground Beef Cookbook.

Ingredients

1-1/2 pounds ground beef
3 large green peppers, chopped (I used green and yellow peppers)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Beef Broth
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted (I only used 1)
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I omitted)
1-1/2 cups cooked rice (I used about 1 c)

Directions
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice and heat through. Yield: 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment