Monday, December 6, 2010

#104: Crock Pot Beef and Peppers


Not a good picture (round steak doesn't really take center stage in this photo) but here you go anyways!

According to the blog I found this on, this recipe serves 8 and is 6 points per serving.  I made this on my freezer cooking day, and just pulled it out the night before, and let it defrost in the fridge already in the crockpot.  It was BARELY defrosted when I put it in the crockpot and it cooked for 10 hours, so it was totally ready to go when we got home from work.  This was the easiest way I've ever made round steak!  Personally I thought it was a tad dry, but Brian and I both really liked this.  Chloe and Allison however, wouldn't touch it!  If/when I make this again I will probably omit the peppers.  I don't think it added any flavor to this meal, and even though I like peppers, not something worth throwing in. 


2 lbs lean round steak, trim all fat
2 green peppers, sliced thin (I used 1)
2 tbsp. dried onions, (I used one onion cut into quarters and then separated a bit)
1 cup beef broth
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger (I omitted)
1 clove garlic, minced 


Cut the steak into serving size pieces. Put the vegetables in the bottom of the crockpot, then put the steak in a single layer on top of the vegetables. Pour the rest of the ingreds. over the top. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high for about 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment