Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#105: Bajio Chicken


My mom was coming into town to watch Allison at a cheerleading clinic, so I made this for us to eat for dinner.  It was super easy and we all enjoyed it.  I liked it better w/cheese and lettuce on a tostada shell, rather than wrapped up in a tortilla.  It has a different taste, I can't put my finger on it what it is, but I think that it's just more sweet than you would expect chicken to be (and I really cut down on the sugar).  The salsa and the green chilis really just blend into the meat, so my family couldn't even tell it was in there.  If you try this, let me know what you think of it! 

4 to 5 boneless chicken breasts (I used 7 chicken tenders and there was left overs for Brian to take for lunch AND for us to have another meal).

6 oz. Sprite (I used Diet generic sprite)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used about 1/4 c)
1 Tbs. cumin
1 4oz can diced green chilies

Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment