Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#115: Snickerdoodles


Okay, this post is late in posting.  I actually made these on Sunday to take to book club...or in our case, book swap.  It was a last minute decision to go to this meetup since I've been so crazy busy and totally forgot it was on the calendar.  And since it was a blizzard warning on Sunday, I had to make something that I had all the ingredients for.  This was just the recipe I needed.  SUPER easy, and quite tasty, I might add!

2 cubes real butter, softened

1 cup brown sugar (I ran out, so I only used 3/4 c)
1/2 cup sugar (I used 3/4 c to make up for the brown sugar)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Roll into golfball-size balls and then roll in a sugar/cinnamon mixture (1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon). Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for 10-12 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment