Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#123: Savory Rice

I wanted to try a different/new rice side dish to go with our empanadas and turned right to Becoming Betty to find one.  I found this recipe and decided to give it a try.  Brian was off of school because he's already on Christmas Break, so I had him make this for us...I failed to tell him to use regular rice, instead of minute rice, so it was VERY liquidy.  Personally, this was okay, but not worth the time it took to make it.  Maybe it was the rice that we used, but I didn't think this was anything super special.  : (  If you want to try it for yourself though, let me know what you think of it and if I should try it again! 


1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups boiling water
2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter
garlic salt
1 14oz. can chicken broth
Pour 2 cups boiling water over 1 cup rice. Add salt and let stand, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Melt 1/3 cup butter in skillet. Add rice and saute on medium heat until butter is absorbed (5-10minutes). Put rice in 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with garlic salt. Pour chicken broth over rice. Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment