Thursday, December 23, 2010

#129: Overnight Cinnamon Rolls


I made these for our Christmas Morning breakfast!  BEST and EASIEST cinnamon rolls ever.  (Okay, maybe not the best, because I've never been to Ann Sather's and she apparently makes the best in Chicago, but they are quite delish for homemade-and-not-rolled-out!)

Ingredients

3/4 cup raisins (I omitted)
20 frozen dinner rolls (I used more like 26!)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted (next time I'd use 1/2 c)


Directions
1. Soak the raisins in warm water for 10 minutes; drain.  (I omitted this step)

2. Place the rolls in a lightly greased 10 inch Bundt pan or a 13x9 inch cake pan. In a medium mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, pudding mix and cinnamon. Sprinkle the soaked raisins and the cinnamon mixture over the rolls. Pour the melted butter over the rolls, cover with a clean damp cloth and let stand overnight at room temperature.
(Next time I am going to try and mix the butter into the topping and then crumbling/pouring over the top of the rolls.  Also, the topping stuck to the towel, so I ended up covering lightly with plastic wrap and then putting a dry towel on top...worked fine for me!)


3.In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Bake rolls for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a serving plate.

I made a glaze of 1 c powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 2 tbsp skim milk.  I mixed all the ingredients together and the poured over the top of the cinnamon rolls.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment