Sunday, November 29, 2015

#1,689: Red and green couscous

This is an addicting healthy main or side dish!  I love the colors and the texture of this recipe, although I do think it lacks a little flavor.  I cut this recipe out of a recent magazine (Rachael Ray maybe?!?!), and it is so simple to throw together.  

Literally this is the recipe that I cut out:
"Stir pomegranate arils, pistachios, orange zest and chopped parsley into cooked couscous." 

So you can pretty much adapt the amounts of this recipe to whatever ingredients you have and/or like the best.  I made my couscous in chicken broth (instead of water) to give it a little flavor.  Personally, I think this could use a little olive oil for more flavor and some parmesan cheese would probably be good too.  But this sure isn't stopping me from eating this!


No comments:

Post a Comment