Sunday, November 15, 2015

#1,667: Pizza in a Crockpot

I don't know where this recipe came from, as it's been sitting in a printed out version in my recipe file for a few years now.  I made it once before but never blogged about it, so it was about time to make it again and get in on the blog. 

My family really likes this recipe, but since it only needs about 2 hours in the crockpot, it's not something you can turn on and leave cooking for the day.  For us, this is a perfect weekend meal to make.  Some in my family also do not like pepperoni, so I substituted cooked ground mild Italian sausage instead. 

2 c elbow macaroni, cooked (under cook it a tiny bit since it will continue to cook a little in the crockpot)
1 lb ground beef or turkey, cooked
15 oz jar of pizza sauce
15 oz can tomato sauce
1 small package of pepperoni slices (I used mild Italian sausage)
1/2 lb shredded Mozzarella
Parmesan cheese (to taste)
I also added some sauteed onions to the ground beef mixture, as well as some Italian seasoning and minced garlic for added flavor. 

Mix cooked macaroni, browned ground beef (and onion if adding), pizza sauce, tomato sauce, and pepperoni (or cooked crumbled Italian sausage) in the crockpot.  Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  

Remove lid and add cheeses.  Cover and continue cooking for about 30 minutes until the cheese melts (I usually put on high at this point).  

No comments:

Post a Comment