Friday, November 27, 2015

#1,683: Homemade Ranch Dressing

I had a few healthier recipes pinned for my kids to try and I wanted to make something for them on this day off of school.  My kids love ranch but I hate that it's so full of fat and preservatives (and general crap!).  So I thought I'd give this recipe a try.  My ranch loving 6 year old ate it, but didn't love it, but the other 2 actually ate it.  And my 3 year old super picky eater, actually ate his carrots tonight dipped in the ranch.  Uh, I'd say that was a huge win!  It's a little greener in color thanks to the seasonings, but it didn't stop my crew for eating it.  


1/3 cup mayonnaise (organic store bought or homemade)
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk (or 3 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp white vinegar – mix together and let sit for 5 minutes)
2 tsp minced fresh parsley
2 tsp minced fresh chives
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt

Mix all the ingredients to together in a bowl with a wire whisk or blend in a blender briefly. 


Store in the fridge 7-10 days (potentially longer if your dairy products were especially fresh when used).

No comments:

Post a Comment