Friday, November 27, 2015

#1,685: Warm Cranberry Wassail

I pinned this recipe three years ago, and wanted to bump another long standing recipe off one of my pinterest boards.  And since it's Thanksgiving weekend, I figured this warm cranberry drink would be a good one to try on my kids.  Unfortunately, they did not enjoy it...but it could be partially because I omitted the sugar (on purpose!).  They certainly don't need extra sugar!  I personally thought this was a tad tart, but I really enjoyed it.  It's a nice, comforting warm drink to sit on the couch and watch a movie or look at the tree.  


1 64-ounce bottle Cranberry Juice Cocktail (I used lite juice)
2 1/2 cups apple juice (I used apple cider) 
1/4 cup sugar, optional
3 3-inch cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Orange slices, garnish
Whole cloves, garnish

Combine all ingredients, except garnishes, in a large saucepan. Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Strain punch to remove spices. Place in a heat proof punch bowl. Garnish with orange slices studded with cloves.

Makes 14 6-ounce servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment